Sunday 3 March 2013

Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 2nd March 2013 PROSPERING BY SEEKING GOD by Pastor E. A. Adeboye

Memory Verse - 2 Chronicles 26 vs 5 : And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.

Read: 2Chronicles 26:4-8

Bible in one year: Acts 15-17

It is time to seek God and not material things. If you are seeking for position or power
power, do know that those who have held on to what you are seeking for have discovered that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Many people started well but while in power, they became corrupted and had a regrettable end. Those who are shouting "Hosanna" while you were in power will still be around to shout "Crucify him" when you have left the scene. This is why you must make God your focus.

Psalm 37:5 speaks of God's faithfulness to His children and their generations. God will never forsake you. The reason many people run after prosperity so hard is because of the fear of what might happen to them when they retire and what the future holds for their children. Are you caught up in such a web of fear? Come out of it! If you truly fear God, there is no need to fear something else. 2 Chronicles 26:5 says of Uzziah:


"And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD; God made him to prosper"

The first time somebody gave me a Mercedes Benz car, I hid it in the garage because I thought it could make me miss Heaven. However, one night the Lord woke me up and asked why I was denying his daughter her blessings.
I    told Him I did not want to be seen as a backslider. To obey the Lord, I drove the car for three days and packed it. I packed it because I thought those who were waiving at me while driving the car were calling me a backslider. Then the Lord woke me again and told me I should be using the car because a second one was coming. By 3 a.m. the next morning, a brother who had a car with six doors but could not sleep, brought it to me. With God's permission, I sold that second one and invested it into the Gospel and it opened a greater door of blessings to me. Seek Him today and He will take care of your fears.
 
Action point:
Thank God for adding another year to my life.Using 1 Corinthians 1:5, pray that God will enrich me in everything - utterance, knowledge, wisdom, vision and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment