Wednesday 6 March 2013

70 x 7


Matthew 18:21-22 NKJV,..."Then Peter came to Him(Jesus) and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you,  up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."  
Okay, the verses above show the discussion between Jesus had with Peter on forgiveness.  Jesus told Peter to forgive his brother 70 x 7.  Well, one must be nuts in other to keep counting someone's offences up to 490 times.

Now if our Lord Jesus Christ expects us to forgive those who offend us 490 times, how much more God Himself? God cannot ask us to do what He Himself cannot do, that will be unjust and we know He is Just, for God Himself is perfection.  This means, no matter how many times you sin against God, He will forgive you!   If you sin, ask God to forgive you, receive His forgiveness and keep it moving.  1 John 1:9 NKJV,..."If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us  our  sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Refuse to feel condemned because condemnation will rob you of your faith. The enemy will make you feel you deserve to be punished and that's you are going through what you are passing through.  The Bible calls him accuser of brethren. 
God said in Isaiah 43:25 NKJV,...“I,  even  I,  am  He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins."  Also, in Hebrews 8:12 NKJV,..."For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness,  and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment